Monday, August 24, 2009

Comfort Bubble Departure


Today I helped do a roadside clean-up. I thought it was going to be rather boring but it was infact quite enjoyable. The weather was perfect, horses ran along side for a bit, there was a freshly cut field of wheat that reflected the summer sunset warmly, and the mountains in the distance reminded you, you were in Idaho. Yes, it was quite nice.


I am excited for what the future holds in store. It'll be exciting to see what new adventures I head out on, what places or sites I'll see, and what new people I'll meet. Life is great! I think far too often we limit ourselves to the expected and we never take risks.


Brian Tracy taught, "Truly great people frequently go out of their comfort bubble," or something to that effect. And it really is true. We only grow when we are uncomfortable. I've recently been thinking about doing something that is REALLY going to put me out of my comfort bubble. It is scary, it puts me in unsure territory and I don't know if it is completely wise. I've done some research and preparation in regards to this decision, but I think I should probably consider doing some more.


We'll see what happens. I think I will take the final step out and do it. I just need to trust myself and leave the comfort bubble.


1 comment:

Catherine Rains said...

Way to go, Chris!

I'm always glad and proud of myself when I leave my comfort zone. I love the learning and growth that comes with it. Good luck!

Post a Comment