Saturday, August 29, 2009

Guys and Dolls has nothing to do with Barbies

Wow! It's been 5 whole days since I've last posted something. Ok so to get you caught up, things have been progressing with my Comfort Bubble Departure plan.

I also went and watched Guys and Dolls in West Yellowstone at the Playmill Theatre. So confession...I thought Guys and Dolls was a feminist play about how women showed guys it's ok to be in touch with their feminine side and somehow tied that in with dolls. Needless to say I wasn't too excited to attend this play to get lectured. BUT if you've seen Guys and Dolls you know I was completely wrong. Dolls is a reference to women, not toys. It was hilarious, funny and awesome. So, if you ever get a chance, head up to the Playmill in West Yellowstone and watch this play.

I bought a new phone two days ago. The LG Dare. It is awesome. It's kinda like a poor man's I-Phone...since I couldn't afford an I-Phone, it works :)

1 comment:

Catherine Rains said...

Dear Chris,
nice phone...I'm secretly jealous.

So what you are saying is that "Guys and Dolls" is the opposite* of a feminist play since I don't think "Dolls" is the way many feminists want to be referred to. Especially with the association with a "toy".
Love, your favorite feminist :)

*P.S. The opposite of a feminist is a chauvinist :)

Post a Comment