Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Take a Look at Yourself and Make the Change - Michael Jackson


I'm not sure why I thought of this, but it is important to be true to yourself, and not who others think you should be. This also means the person who you are right now may not be who you really are. That is interesting. You can be untrue to your true self by thinking you've already found your true self. Limiting your potential, getting stuck in bad habits, and refusing to learn and change are what prohibit us from being our true selves.


I'm not at all professing to say, "You are this or you are that." No, that is only for each individual to decide. You need to look deep inside yourself, meditate, ponder, and pray about who you really are and see if there is anything in life you could/should be doing differently or better. This is no simple 5-minute exercise. You need to really challenge everything you believe about yourself, see if you could be wrong, look at it in a new light, and make changes.


Heck, I know I'm far from becoming the person I could be if I just applied myself a little bit more. As I learn, change, and grow, in the right direction I will continue to shave off the mask I think is me and discover a new, fresh, clean and better person, and so will you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment