Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reminiscing about the Past

As you go through life you realize you've met a lot of people. Made a few good friends, and you wished you would have become friends with a lot of your acquaintences. At least that's how I feel.

Now that I am back in Washington, I realize how much my friends have shaped my life over the last several years. I'm glad to be back in Washington, but there is something that I am going to miss because I won't see my Idaho friends for a while.

I guess that's just how life works. We meet people, make friends, hang out for the short time our paths intersect and then move on to the next stage of life. Ideally, I'd like for all of my friends and me to just hang out in this never-ending fun zone where we'd all have everything we want and need and we'd do stuff together. Oh well. I guess that will just have to wait for another time!

I have other plans and opportunities. I don't think it's bad to look back on the past and appreciate it, (and even miss it a little), but to try and constantly relive or dwell on the past, hinders your future growth and potential. Appreciate the past, don't stay stuck in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment